Now that you know you are moving, there is one thing you have to do before anything else. Remember that sofa you bought for cheap, well that is the first thing to go.
When it's time to move, you must decide what you will not take. There are so many items that you don't use anymore, like exercise equipment that's in storage. At least that's where you left it. But so many things are stacked on top that it's hard to know.
How to purge before moving is the first step to taking the stress out of the experience. You are going to a new place and will want some new things, so why not get rid of the stuff you don't need anymore?
Packing up your things is not fun, but if you purge some of your items now, you will not have to move as many things.
Here is a decluttering checklist to follow for your move:
LET IT GO
You want to keep that pasta maker you bought because it looked like so much fun. But you last used that a year ago. That is the first part of letting it go. If you have not used the item in more than a year, then it's time to consider that to put it on the list.
The key to decluttering what you don't use is making a list.
- Create a checklist of what you want to get rid of. Go through your closet and storage areas and make some tough choices.
- Decide if you want to sell the items. If you do, this will take some time. But you can put the article online or have a sale.
- If you don't think there is much value, consider giving it away or donating.
- Start by going through your storage area or garage first. Then work your way through each room.
- Ask for some help. It will take some time, so why not have some fun with it?
START THE PACKING PROCESS
When you start going through all the items, you want to eliminate, list them and see if you can get some money for them. But you have to keep going.
How long does it take to declutter a house is a good question.
Depending on how motivated you are to move, decluttering can take weeks. But if you make a list and have a plan, it can be done in a short time.
You must put the items you want to keep, trash, sell or donate in different areas. Ensure you don't get confused and throw out some clothes you want to keep by accident.
Once you decide what you want to keep, start packing. The key to packing is to get some plastic bins and label everything.
While boxes are great for moving, they often break apart if there are heavy objects.
If you're moving from the San Antonio area, hire a trusted moving company to help. They not only can take away the stress of moving, but they also have storage facilities that can be an option.
Here are some things to consider what to pack and what to give away:
- If it costs only a few bucks, let the item go.
- Is there room at your new place for the item? If not, then you have to get rid of it.
- If you have items like a couch you no longer want, ask someone heading to college. They'll love free stuff.
- Go through your cabinets and see what you don't want.
You could get rid of so many things, but this is up to you. The key to getting all this done quickly is to keep going. The more items you get rid of, the less it will cost you for the move. And you will not have to look at that couch again. You have a new one ordered.
NOW HIRE THE BEST MOVER
If you are moving, why not hire a trusted and reputable mover? Call Budget Movers today at 210-92-0-7938. budget-movers.com